Amplifying the brand for Toronto’s massive redevelopment project.
Waterfront Toronto is the 3-part government agency that is the steward for the massive waterfront redevelopment of Toronto’s former industrial portlands, which stretch from Leslie Street to Bathurst Ave and beyond. It is one of the largest urban development projects in the world.
The general public needed to be engaged. The challenge was fuelled both by a pervasive cynical attitude in the city to the lack of activity and slow progress, as well as the 30+ years that the project will actually need to be completed.
In 2010, Waterfront Toronto had a number of urgent and important strategic and branding projects. As Waterfront Toronto’s Marketing Agency of Record, we drove the strategy, content, design and development of seven large communication pieces:
- Reinvigorate and redefine the overall communications strategy through engagement and insight
- Design a revitalized visual identity
- Write key messages
- Infuse the brand with a higher level of design sophistication at all touchpoints
- Create a corporate vision brochure
- Write and direct a corporate video,
- Oversee a major redesign of the Waterfront Toronto website.
The completion of the projects had to be carefully managed to meet deadlines, stay on budget, and coordinate the various writing, design, photography, video, and programming needs.
Create a cohesive group of brand communication pieces for Waterfront Toronto to engage stakeholders and all Torontonians, to illustrate that things are moving on the waterfront.